Monday, April 9, 2012

Malabon Old Church







           I have many the interiors looked beautifully intricate and the size of its exterior can be felt through its lofty interior, but its façade really bothers me; it just does not feel right. I saw an old photograph of the church through Cecile’s site and was stricken with its simple beauty; it was something that can compete with the likes of the Manila Cathedral. I never thought we have something like it in Malabon; it’s something any resident of this flood-stricken district could be proud of. I really hope that old churches such as San Bartoleme Church can be restored to its true identity and not transformed to something it was not. Let’s not cover our history with a brush of colorful latex paints; not everything needs to look new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment